A Hunter's Paradise For Sale New Listing
Tips and Local Regulations
- HUNTER'S SAFETY CERTIFICATE with NUMBER REQUIRED to purchase license, if you were born after January 1, 1972 & purchasing a license in Iowa for the first time
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER or DNR number needed to buy license
- PRICING FOR KIDS
- 11 y.o and under hunt free.
- 12 to 15 y.o. hunt for half price
- 16 y.o. and over full price
- ORANGE REQUIRED in field for your safety.
- Each hunting party will be hunting separately -- we do not mix parties in the field.
- Hunting licenses sold at lodge for your convenience. - Bring your own Federal Duck Stamp.
- We require 25% deposit when reserving a hunt -- non-refundable if cancelled 8 weeks or less to hunting date.
- We encourage you to bring your dogs or you may hire a guide and dog at the lodge with advanced notice.
- Steel shot mandatory for waterfowl.
- We recommend HIGH BRASS,HEAVY LOAD SHELLS,4,5,OR 6 OZ SHOT for pheasants. Using this load will kill and not just wound
WE RECOMEND CHECKING GUNS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL PARTS,SUCH AS SAFETY,ETC ARE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION
- We have several hunting packages to choose from including combination hunts.
- Deer licenses are available by state lottery; Mid-May--Mid-June. Applications are available by phone to DNR 1-(800)-367-1188; our zone is 7.
- Turkey licenses are available by state lottery by phone to DNR in January; our zone is 6
- Hunting seasons information is available at the Iowa DNR
- Clothing--Bring a VARIETY OF CLOTHING as the weather can be variable with it starting out cold and warming up as the day goes on. If you LAYER your clothing, then you can remove some as it warms up. Some WATERPROOF BOOTS would be good, too.
- DOG CLOTHING--A VEST for your dog would provide protection from sticks, grass. MUSHER'S PAW WAX or something similar is good to protect paws when it is very dry or when it is snowy and icy.Also, dog booties, that zip up the back.
- Bird cleaning available at $3/bird